Monday, August 25, 2008

Handmade gifts

One of my favorite gifts to give- are handmade cards. They are useful/practical yet because they are handmade it's also a personal gift. I also like making cards because it's a small creative outlet for me. I can sit down with one stamp set and a few supplies and get my "creative itch" satisfied.

So I thought I would post every once - in - a- while... my card creations. :0)
I love challenging myself.
Sometimes I challenge myself to use one stamp set and come up with different lay-outs and designs. (It helps me NOT collect a bunch of different stamp sets... but just use the ones I already own. ...one of our family motto's "Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Do without.)

Other times I challenge myself to just use my scraps.
And other times- I challenge myself with a new color-combo. (colors I normally would not use together.)
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ is my absolutely favorite place to look find new color-combo's, new lay-outs, ideas for cards, and projects using stamps.

Here are some cards I made this past week with my Crab and Company stamp set from StampinUP!.



Slider-Crab with googly eyes- too cute.



Suspension card- the top got cut off- it says, "Shore do love you".


And then, I was trying to make a less "crabby" card. A card I could use for any occasion.
I have a birthday/luau this weekend that I would like to make a set of cards for the birthday girl. That is my project this week!
have a great day
Laura

1 comment:

Priyanka said...

Hi,
Lovely cards!! Very good ideas

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy