Monday, August 25, 2008

More Cards

Okay- Okay, I know I said I would post more cards later next week. I lied.

I've always wanted to be on someones "design team".. you know where they give you free stuff and you make cards for their site? How cool is that?
And a new-ish website is looking for design team submissions... I submitted two cards.. but I thought- I better post some more pictures here... in case they come looking for more of my style of cards.
I did post a new idea earlier today- so scroll down if you would like to hear about a very fun game to play at dinner, using your left-overs!
For those wanting to look at cards...
Here we go..

Sometimes when I play with my stamps, I like to sit down with one set and in one sitting- make 3 or 4 different type of cards. Just play around with different lay-outs and colors.

This is a "traditional" card using this Heartfelt stamp set by staminup!.


Another card displayed by my salt and pepper shaker- sorry about that...I'm not a photographer- but I will have to come up with some better ways to take pictures of my cards.

I'm not sure why I didn't use the saying from this set- it would have been perfect. And a card just using ONE SET!

Another Heartfelt Thanks- but using limited supplies- my scraps.
These next cards are made from Simply Said set by Stampin up.



I was going for a more "polished" look in this cards. (So I actually hand cut out some flowers! Time consuming!!) But I love the way they turned out. Normally I use punches for flowers.. but I really wanted the flower from the stamp set.


This card was quick- but I love the way it turned out. I just used my square punch- 3 times, black ink- to stamp the flowers and saying and then ribbon. It was simple- but it doesn't look sadly/simple.
Okay- more later
Laura


1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey there! Got your blog from the momblogs. We too are homeschoolers and I enjoy meeting other homeschool moms. :o}

CUTE cards. I am slowly getting into it. Any tips for a newbie?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy