Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Book Club Treat

Let me introduce you to Muddy Buddies.

My boys absolute FAVORITE snack and book club treat.



Book Club today was so much fun! The kids did a great job on the shirts and no one wanted to go home- they wanted to play chess.

I'll blog more tomorrow about it. My friend Debbie came and took pictures... I was a bit busy monitoring the T-shirt table and then explaining Chess rules. Again be sure to check out http://www.bookclub4boys.com/ for my official FREE book club outlines for the book Frindle.

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)1cup semisweet chocolate chips ( I never measure- it's almost a full box of cereal.)


1/2cup peanut butter


1/4cup butter or margarine


1teaspoon vanilla


1 1/2cups powdered sugar








1.Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.


2.In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute;


stir.


Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.


Stir in vanilla.


Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.


Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.


3.Add powdered sugar.


Seal bag; shake until well coated.


Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

WoW! That photo is beautiful! Looks professional. Cool.

emily said...

you make me hungry! I think you should send out samples

Debbie said...

That is a professional photo isn't it? Ha ha. I'm trying to call you. I bet you're at the doctors office again. ;) I have an extra copy of The Million Dollar Shot, so I'll send yours back.

Amanda said...

We call this "puppy chow"...it's yummy, but easy to forget how much you're eating if you're just grabbing from a large bowl.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy