Friday, September 5, 2008

Boys BED-BED-BUNK BED room

This is the update on our new BEDroom and Playroom.
This is what you see when you look in from the door.
Star night lights up- and old ratty fan- and my rocking/reading chair.


My rocking chair was a birthday present- when I was pregnant with our first baby. I remember being rocked by my mom (I must have been 4 or 5 ) and I knew I wanted to rock my babies too. I love it. It's plain- but that chair and I have spent lots of sleepless moments together- singing, crying and cuddling my babies and now reading to them.
Turn left and you see bed four tucked in the corner..




And then the bed that is stuck in the closet. We thought , "What the heck- we'll still use it as a closet too- hang those shirts back up. It's just his feet down there!"


I was surprised it wasn't too crowded. There is still plenty of walking space.
And all this change was to open up a PLAYROOM! A place to hang with the boys- their posse.
It's a beautiful thing.

In the past all these toys and games and such have been in our living room.
You know when kids are small (up to 5 years old) there is so much negotiating that needs to be done- or hitting happens, tyrants are created, or law of the jungle is established. I just always felt better if I could hear and see what was happening- so I could help avoid blow-ups and melt downs. I could hear the rules they made and help negotiate the sticky situations.
WELL- now that they are older. They have more self control, can communicate their views better, and have a sense of right and wrong. I was ready for them to be up and out of my living room.
My baby's toys are still in the living room - I still need to be near him but the older boys have graduated!
3 out of 4 boys sleep in their beds. This is a HUGE accomplishment from.. 1 out of 4. So I would predict.. it's going to stick as far as sleeping arrangements go. (The one who doesn't - is my second son! Go figure?)
Well all this talk about beds and sleeping- has gotten me sleepy.
Goodnight!
Laura

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hey, that was fun to see. It looks great! And so clean, you go, girl! And thanks for giving my site a plug yesterday. That was fun. Did you see the funny pics of Hugh and Wyatt on my family blog. A cute one of Hunter reading too. It's under the Photo Nutshell post. You'll have to check it out.

Keep blogging. Loving it.
Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy