Thursday, September 4, 2008

Card gift update

Okay- last week I told you I was going to a Luau/Birthday party. WHAT A BASH! I was elbowing my husband, "ya know dear, my birthday is in a few months...you better start planning.." He just scoff, " em... you would have to have this many friends..."


I mean- Tents (they call em Easy Corners here) and lights, and music and FOOD- lets not forget the food... (I couldn't tell what half of it was- I just had them put a little of everything on my plate.) and so much family helping serve food, cook food, DANCING.. all different kinds- from different cultures... Fiji, Filipino, Hawaiian, Tongan, Samoan, etc..etc.. FIRE DANCING- this amazing 8 year old with a stick and fire on both ends. ( I was glad we didn't bring my boys- I can just see them try to re-enact this at home and set themselves on fire.)


We ate and laughed and watched the show and then every 15 minutes or so.. they would raffle off a Hawaiian blanket or quilt or rice cooker. They promised to end the party with a BANG- so my husband wanted to stay to the bitter end... but I was getting tired so I gave my ticket to a friend and as it turns out... she wins the next raffle! (I didn't ask if it was with my ticket- I don't want to know.. )


As we walked out to our car parked on the street- we see them setting up fireworks for the big finale. Seeing this my husband REALLY wanted to stay... again we waited a few minutes.. but there was no sign of when this party was to end so we left.

These people know how to PARTY!


So crazy! I guess it's a yearly party this husband throws for his wife! How sweet. They were adorable to watch. (It was her 51st birthday)




Anyway- this was my gift a set of cards with matching box. Looking back a bit meager- but just a token saying Happy Birthday.

I learned how to make the card box from another blog- Dawns Stampin Studio. She is so awesome. She has so many creative ideas she shares and she always has a video-tutorial to go along with it.

Oh- check out my friends blog- it's over on my side bar- something like: Book blog for Boys. She's an English teacher at the University and a born reader. It surprised her to have three boys who didn't like to read. I invited her sons to our book club when we first moved into the townhouses. And ever since she has been helping me review books, talk to authors, lending a hand with my book club and website, etc... but her boys are finally starting to enjoy reading on their own! She has them write reviews on her blog- and pays them to do it. The reviews are very honest and really rather funny.

Okay- that's all my ramblings for today!

Laura

2 comments:

emily said...

Wait.. do you live in Hawaii? lol

max said...

Hi,

I grew up as a reluctant reader. Now I write action-adventures & mysteries, especially for boys 8 and up, that kids hate to put down. My web site is at http://www.maxbooks.9k.com and my Books for Boys blog is at http://booksandboys.blogspot.com I also have a short story in a new book called LAY UPS and LONG SHOTS, published by Darby Creek Publishing. I'm also featured in an article in the 2009 edition of Children's Wrtier Guide.

My other books are all ranked by Accelerated Reader

Max Elliot Anderson

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy