Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hello

Hey Friends and Family!

Okay- first- for those who are wondering about upcoming boys book club meetings.

Hugh's group is meeting this Thursday after school at our house. (9/11)

Hunter's book club is meeting next Wednesday after school. (9/17).

Just have your boys walk home with my boys and I can drive everyone home afterwards if needed.

NEXT- I was so excited to share this piggy-back idea last week and then things got busy and crazy. (Not just the baby and BB's in his ears and nose. Just a busy week- the run around with Hockey 4x/wk, Cub scouts, along with a work potluck and a card exchange party.) The week ended and I was almost too tired to even go to my Monthly Card Exchange- almost! I had decided not to go but my girls kept calling and insisting I come. (How sweet.) So I pulled myself together-went-and had a great time. I'm glad I went.

So earlier last week, before my week went spiralling down, I was thinking of what to make for a Cub Scout leadership meeting I was hosting, trying to pair it up with the usual question "What's for Dinner?" when my husband calls and asks if I can make something for a work potluck that afternoon. (He offered to just pick up a platter from the Grocery Store if I was too busy- but I was up for the challenge.)

He asked if I would make his favorite Pampered Chef recipe- The TACO RING. I bought a bulk amount of hamburger meat and with that one portion I was able to make:

The TACO RING for his potluck that afternoon.

A 7-layer dip/casserole for my Cub scout meeting.

2 "Hot Pocket" for my lunch with baby

plus had left over taco meat for Taco Salad that night for dinner!

This is the best PIGGY BACK meal I have EVER made. (Do I always say that?) But this is a great recipe if you are trying to make a dish for a potluck and don't want to make something additional for you family for dinner.

I'll try to make this as clear as possible- but in my pictures I'm make all three at the same time.I start out with: cooked ground beef, add your taco seasonings

2 cans re-fried beans

1 can diced green chili sauce

grated cheese

2 cans of crescent rolls


Make the taco ring foundation with the Crescent Rolls. (Make a complete circle.) Instead of forcing all the rolls onto my taco ring- I was getting hungry so I pulled 4 crescent roll dough parts out to make my 2-"hot pockets".

Layer beans in your casserole dish first, then a thin layer on TACO RING and a little on each Hot Pocket. Next a round of Taco Meat- on all three. I added the green chili sauce to the taco ring and 7 layer dip. Lastly sprinkle Cheese on all three.



To make the TACO RING- you fold the triangles over and press to the base of the taco ring foundation. Fold the Hot pocket sides up and pinch shut. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Serve with salad, diced tomatoes and sour cream. YUMMY! It's always a crowd pleaser.

I put foil on my 7 layer dip and put it in the refrigerator. My scout meeting wasn't until the next night. To review it's layers:
1. re-fried beans
2. taco meat
3. green chili sauce
4. cheese
bake 350 for 20 min.
5. guacamole dip
6. sour cream
7 olives
serve warm with chips.
SUPER YUMMY! Another crowd pleaser for pot lucks.
Sorry- I forgot to take a picture of the finished product- until it was almost gone!


Lastly- this was our dinner that night. Taco Salad.
I crunched up some tortilla chips, salad, taco meat, cheese, salsa, remaining olives, etc... let kids layer their own.
That was a proud moment for me. The next day- is when things turned wrong.
I have to say- when life gets hectic- I am so grateful to my neighbors & friends that always have a listening ear (or deaf ear- whichever the moment requires). I am grateful to my mom and sister who are only a call or email away. (My sister sends me the most random things in emails- that always get me laughing.) It's good. It's a good thing.
So I'm just trying to send some "good" back out into the world. Maybe this will help one of you ladies out in a pinch!
Later
Laura

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy