Tuesday, September 16, 2008

House of Boys


I live in a house of boys. I know that. I showed you how I try to incorporate their interests into our daily living. I don't fight that I am in a male dominated home. (Easy access to pucks and hockey net, etc.) But I haven't given up on also having some girl-ish type decorations too.
I mean I do craft. I have to have something to show for my hobby.
So I saw these cute blocks in a stamping store and thought I would decorate them so I could display different thoughts & words to my sons... without having to actually say it.

I'm pretty good at changing it up every week or so. I like the challenge of trying to spell different words. There are plenty of blank sides - so if I don't have a certain letter, I just put a blank block there and let them try to figure it out.
I made the blocks with a plan of spelling words like; integrity, family, home, love, charity. You know stuff like that.
The other day I was walking by and noticed one of the boys had changed my word.


I smiled. No- not the word I was hoping to highlight. But I love seeing them try to be sneaky and funny. I can just imagine them- changing that letter and making sure no one saw. Giggling to themselves and sneaking off. I can't wait to see what other words make it on the blocks.
Laura
PS- Book Club Tomorrow! Frindle. Go to www.bookclub4boys.com to see what we are planning on doing. It's gonna be fun!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm kind of surprised you didn't see this one coming :) Too cute...it's so nice you have a sense of humor about it, probably make it more fun for the boys.

Lisa said...

I love all the little feet in the background!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy