Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Play Group


With Hatrick in school now- It's just me and Heath kickin it around every day. Luckily I live in a townhouse complex where there are two other 2 year olds home. We made a playgroup for them and it has been wonderful!
Three times a week they get together for 1 1/2 hours. It's nice to have a little time alone- to go grocery shopping or to the Post Office without him.
At the end of my play day we clean up and then I read books. They like looking at books themselves too. (Especially if you have little chairs- toddlers LOVE chairs their size!)
Tomorrow is the BYU-H Women's Organization Luncheon. I volunteered to do the Day Care. So I am gathering my supplies for a story time. Since Heath is so into his body right now- I thought I would do a story time about that.
Sing: Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, Do As I'm Doing, Hokey Pokey
Read some books like: The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss. He also wrote a book about Noses and Teeth that we have. And I am looking for a book I have... a cute one about hands and feet.
I'll post my "official" Story time plans on my website- http://www.bookclub4boys.com/ but this is what I am planning.
I love Story times. The younger kids are soooo cute. Their faces light up, they get so excited.
I'm off to tackle the huge laundry pile in our front bedroom.
Laura

1 comment:

emily said...

I'm totally stealing this theme for our next playgroup! Sucka!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy