Friday, October 10, 2008

Card exchange

Here are some highlights from my card exchange last night.


Brandi started the swap with this way-chic "Ain't life Grand" card. Using the Grand Soiree Stampin UP set. (Rhinestone brads to embellish-and Bella Rose designer papers.)

(*On a side note: I went to Brandi's house after the card exchange and she worked her magic on my hair- she was a beautician for 25 years- and offered to cut some layers in my hair so my hair looked less "mushroom". I'll post later with my "updated do".


Anjeny made this beautiful card using all the new "in colors" with Stampin UP. (Ridinghood Red & Kiwi Kiss colors.)

She used the Pretty Peony stamp set and said the stamp-a-ma-jig was a must in making this card. (It's a stamp set that depends on 2 step stamping. You stamp on image with a light color, use a second stamp with a darker image to get the flowers and leaves in two tones. ) Really beautiful!



Mirian made this sweet Tulip card- using the Garden Whimsy stamp set. She loaded the stamp once to get the bold image and then stamped a few more times to get the lighter images. Then re-loaded the stamp with ink 2 more times to get the bold tulips. A simple card- but still beautiful.

I love seeing the different styles of stampers- and how some cards are very detailed and intricate- while others are just as beautiful- but simple. This tulip card would be a super quick card to make a set for a gift.



I love this card too...
Just simply tearing paper and layering... but what a wonderful card!

This is just a small sample of the cards I got last night- I just pulled out my top favorites. I love my card group. They are a great bunch of ladies- multi generational- multi- cultural, some stay-home moms, some working moms... but when we get together we laugh and enjoy each other. It's a serious "girls night" that refuels my tank.
Thanks ladies! I had a great time last night.
Laura

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy