Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm Spoiled... I'm Loved!

My sister is the best! Have I told you about her?
She has always been my biggest cheerleader (okay- she's gonna puke at that term- I don't think she' s ever wanted to be termed a "cheerleader".) But she is the kind of big sister every girl should have.

When boys use to tease me on the school bus, calling me "Pizza Face" because I had acne... she always was there to hear my sobs and come up with equally embarrassing phrases to call them in exchange.

In Jr. High she let me wear her clothes. (As long as she had worn them the day before.)

In High School - when the manager of a pool I worked at called our home to badger me more about why I quit... she was by my side... feeding me things to say. (Because I was a bumbling, crying mess.)

She's the one who taught me how to start a website and really encouraged me to post all my Book Club 4 Boys ideas on line.

Anyway- I got a package from her. Simply the movie : Witches. I finished the book and it is sooooooooooooo good. You should read it- it would be a great read-a-loud. Perfect for October nights leading up to Halloween..
Thanks Em!
So I've got a pile of clothes to fold- and I'm sneaking the mini DVD player into my bedroom so I can watch in peace. (The kids aren't suppose to be watching TV during the school week- with the exception of Hockey games with dad. Male bonding- you understand. )

I'm giddy with anticipation!
Laura

1 comment:

emily said...

BARF!

But seriously.. that was fast! I just mailed it. Hooray for the United States Postal Service! Maryland to Hawaii in 3 days for 59cents

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy