Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Look at my cute Round Up!



My Bookclub4boys.com website has a new feature!
Click the button above to be virtually transported over there.
This weeks topic is Book Series Boys Like.

My oldest two boys loved the Spiderwick series!
I share this funny story on bookclub4boys. But it just goes to show- when you find the right book, boys can take off reading!

As you know my boys are reluctant to read. They normally don't read for fun. It is either for school or for book club- usually for both! But once my boys started this series they were fighting over the books to finish. (Literally)

One morning my two oldest boys were fighting on their way out the door to school. I couldn't follow the argument- so I asked them what they were fighting about? My oldest wanted to take the Spiderwick #2 book to school, but son#2 had it in his backpack already.

Son #2's argument was- he was almost done and could finish it. My eldest countered that HE had more time to read during school since he had already finished his Social Studies project... I was just stunned and stood speechless. Never in a million years would I have imagined them arguing over a book.

What really surprised me was a few hours later- the school called. " You needed to pick your son up from school- he doesn't feel well." I brought son #2 home, suspicious of his symptoms... and sent him to bed. He spent the WHOLE day reading.. and by the time his brother came home from school he was onto book #4! What a sneaky stinker! They are not in any way competitive- can you tell? :0)

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love the button! Very cute!

Corrine said...

cool button.

happy new year.

Sarah said...

Now that's funny!
Hopefully you can find another series they love once they've demolished the Spiderwick Chronicles!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy