Thursday, December 4, 2008

Love my Magazine gift!



Look what I got in the mail yesterday! I'm addicted! Not just to mail- but to this magazine with YUMM-O recipes that are quick and easy. Some use 5 ingredients or less... some are PIGGY-BACK recipes. (You make one meal and then on the same page they have another recipe using the left-overs!) Love it!

I love getting Magazine subscriptions as gifts. It's the gift that keeps giving all year long! To be honest, I was hesitant to make my monthly menu plan- until I got my new magazine. (Because I made a bunch of recipes from the last magazine and they were all so good!) So I only planned out the first two weeks.

My sister, she bought the boys a subscription last year to Sports Illustrated kids. They loved the hockey issues and Olympic issue!

There are a bunch of great kid-friendly magazines. Ranger Rick is a personal favorite for our family- because my kids love animals. My grandmother gave us a subscription to Ranger Rick one year and it was a heaven sent for nightly reading homework. My son ,who at the time was a reluctant reader, would willingly sit down with this magazine and look at the BIG pictures and read an article about something he liked.

With the gift-giving holiday fast approaching- I recommend this as a great & thoughtful gift.

Here are some of our favorite magazines for kids.



4 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oooh, good idea. I'm starting to think about gifts now that classes and the Christmas program are over.

Emily said...

That year grandma sent the kids Ranger Rick they thought she was the one mailing them every month- finally in August my youngest said "That is really nice of Grandma to mail us this every month" ;0)

Martha said...

Just wait until you get your Family Fun magazine. You will love it!!

SWIRL said...

Thanks Martha for reminding me! I can't believe you got me a subscription ON TOP of those cute shorts AND throwing me a suprise party!

Family Fun is a great Magazine. I'm adding it to my favorites!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy