Sunday, January 4, 2009

Share the Love

I've been feeling the love all weekend! Thanks everyone for the pats on the back. CRASH spoils me. I love she shared how our friendship began.

The truth of the matter is- I wanted to be her friend a long-long-time ago.. but you know when your life circle just doesn't naturally touch someone elses life circle.. it is just awkward or strange to walk up to someone and say, "Hi- I see you around and think you are really cool. I think if you knew me, you would think I was cool too and we would be bestest of friends".

(When we first moved here in Hawaii- I lived outside of town and she was the PTA president. I saw her, out and about, moving around the community- but there was no real reason to talk to her. (Her boys are in different grades than mine.) SO when we moved into town, in the same town house complex, and just mere doors down from her- I was sooo happy. Cuz I knew we would be BBF's !

ANY-WHO
that was a long intro.

I want to share the love with three hilarious librarians. I don't even know where they are physically located- but they are three men who have way too much fun at work. Their site is Boys Rule, Boys Read . They do all kinds of crazy things to encourage boys to read and share great books with each other.


I think it is great that they go the extra mile- not only take care of library duties, but they truly care about reaching out and encouraging the next generation to read.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

One of my best friends is also my coworker. She started out as our intern last year, and then was hired on as a therapist this year. I knew we would get along great, and I remember that it felt like I was asking a guy out on a date when I suggested we go to lunch.

I'm sure Crash is completely delightful.

little red hen said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to have so many boys about! I like your story about your friend. It's funny how sometimes you just know right away someone is going to be a friend.

T said...

I need to make some new links on my book review blog (once I get some new reviews up at least!) - thanks for the new suggestion!!!

you Hawaii girls are great - everyone needs a good friend!

T said...

I answered you over at my blog - but just in case you're not one of those neurotic comment readers I'll give you the link here too: www.whatallthekidsarereading.blogspot.com - hope you don't mind I stole some of your "favorite sites" links now that I "found" them here :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy