Monday, January 5, 2009

Word for the Year

What?
No just kidding.. I feel like I've had that word for the first 25 years of life. "What just happened?"
But I've thought about this.. and it's the perfect word for me (cuz I like things that rhyme mostly.)

But my word for 2009 is SHINE.

Some of my favorite scriptures talk about letting our light shine, so the world will see our example and glorify God.

I think too many times in my past- I've hid my light under a bushel.
Afraid.
Afraid to try

Afraid to shine
Afraid to stand out - even

Afraid that people will think, "who does SHE think she is..."

But now that I am older and have been inspired by so many other people who have been willing to shine. I'm ready.
Ready to embrace my full potential.
And not because I am better than anyone else... but because WE ARE ALL better than we believe we are!

So that's my word.
Since Tip Junkie has asked me to sum it up- in a word.
And I'm a sucker for give-aways.
And I'm a bigger sucker for jewelry that is sentimental...

Shine.



6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My word is slightly more, uh, exposed.

But this is a great word! I don't think I've seen the same word twice, and I've seen some very inspired words.

T said...

I like your word... hmmm, I'll have to put some thought into a word of my own (even if I'm too late for a give-away) because right now I'm thinking "survive"...

Sarah said...

That sounds like a very beautiful and inspiring goal to work towards. Great choice!

tara @ kidz said...

What a great word! May your '09 be filled with polishing experiences that will help you shine brightly!

Ter said...

Thank you for your comment, and I like your word too. I look forward to getting to know you and your blog.

T.

http://withanangelonmyshoulder.blogspot.com
http://onebearhugatatime.blogspot.com

Andreah @ Life's A Hoot said...

I like your word. I need to try to shine more myself. =)

Thank you for commenting on my blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy