Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Family Pictures

My kids hate family pictures.
But I just have to point out... for the record.. that sometimes mom does know best.

I made our family go next door and get a picture at the temple two months ago... remember?
(the 3 out of the 4 shirts are the same from a previous family photo...that story {here}.)

WELL I am sooo glad I put up the fight.
That I was persistent...
Because look at my neighbor now!



She's under construction for 18months!
It is strange not having our night -light at night.
(every window in our house has a view of the temple)
Now I actually have to use a real night light in the boys bedrooms or it is too dark.

It just got me thinking-what else do I over look? Some thing I think will always be there ... until its not.

What opportunities do I NOT take advantage of.. because I think it will always be an option.. until it is not...


10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

For 18 months? So does that mean you don't have a temple to attend?

That's the great thing about living in the SLC valley. When one is unavailable, there are a dozen more.

I've been thinking about you recently! Glad to see you around.

Ter said...

I understand the whole "thinking something will be there until it's not".

Definitely never give up opportunities because you think it can be done later.... because maybe there is no later.

Sandi said...

when exactly is that makeover supposed to be done? thanks for the reminder to appreciate what we have!

T said...

18 months! That seems like a long time... but then I'm not the makeover expert (really, I don't even watch the extreme makeover show!)

good thing you got your photo - it'll be time for another when your awesome view returns!

Ter said...

(re: your comment on my blog)

I'd gladly trade places with your kiddos for a little while!! They can come here and enjoy Canadian winters while I go there and enjoy hawaii!!! ahh, yes, that sounds like a VERY good idea to me!!

Anjeny said...

Too true. We tend to take things for granted til they are gone. I actually miss my monthly attendance.

Hey, do you know they are having a really cheap flight deal to Big Island for this month? I'd love to go check out the Kona Temple.

April said...

WOW!! That is a long time! I hope you can last!

Becky said...

Hopefully the 18 month schedule will stick. I know other temples closed ended up taking longer (some years) for the planned construction. It was hard on the local members.

Dreamer said...

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors temple view, thou shalt not covet thy neighbors temple view. I'm trying really hard not to be jealous that you can see the temple form every room in your house! Which temple is that? *sigh*
And thanks for the plug on your blog, It's never too late to start cutting paper hearts. The boys love it too, even if they don't act like it!

Dreamer said...

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I covet thy view of the HAWAIIAN temple. AHHH, the cruelty

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy