Saturday, February 14, 2009

GIVE -AWAY RESULTS

Happy Valentines to you! {hug}

Happy Valentines to you! {squeeze}

H-a-p-p-y Val-en-tines dear ---- {kiss}

Happy Valentines to you! {hug}



{sang to the tune of Happy Birthday}



This was how I woke up my boys today... they moaned.. and groaned... .. but indulged me.


My husband surprised me with a bouquet of flowers.
The story behind the yellow roses in the bunch is:

On my 18th birthday he gave me a single yellow rose with a card. (Cuz we were TOTALLY just friends! totally. He had a high school girlfriend and I had a high school boyfriend, but we were in college and would study and hang-out together.)



So ... 5 years of just being "friends" we start dating and were quickly married and soon after had a baby. (The quick version of a very long courtship!) Whenever he buys me flowers he always adds a few yellow roses in the bouquet in honor of my first yellow rose. :0)

I think it was on our first anniversary/or when our first child was born... I can't remember the days are so close together... but he bought me a bouquet of all yellow roses and people made comments like, "I hope you guys are a little more than 'friends' you're married with a child!" - "not very romantic"... etc... but it is.. when you know the inside story.



Now the drum -roll....

















Msange!










Kristina P


















This is very serious business.. so no smiles..














Mary!





Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL {heart} Valentines Day!

If you are one of the winners- email me your snail mail- so I can send you your prize!


9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yay! I am so excited!!!!

Cute flower story. I will email you tonight!

Sarah said...

Oh, that is so cute You're lucky to have such a sweet and romantic husband!

Emily said...

Gorgeous flowers! Congrats to the winners!

Becky said...

What a sweet husband to remember that. Definitely adds some romance to your relationship.

T said...

I've never been a huge flower fan - but with a story behind it the rose bouquet is VERY sweet :)

Ter said...

oh i miss getting flowers from my hubby.

But thank you for sharing the story! :) (my hubby and I were similar, we knew each other for years before we started dating)

April said...

I hope you two are friends! That's the best basis for a marriage that I know of!

UK lass in US said...

What a sweetheart.

msange said...

Thanks, I'm looking forward to giving the T-shirt to my little boy, Judson.
Angela

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy