Thursday, February 12, 2009

Homework update

Instead of having the whole video due- we just had our storyboard.
{whew}

I am glad Monday is a holiday- that gives me another week... to get it together.

School is fun.. but being stuck in the paper-age is really dating me.

I go to school with my paper binder and notebook. The other students have their "notebooks" lap tops.

Today I went to my lecture.. no one is there. I pulled out my {paper} planner and I hadn't written any room change.
Other students came in... saw the empty lecture hall...pulled out their phones that can check their emails... THANKFULLY they shared, "Oh the professor sent an email.. our lecture is moved today to 103 ACR."

It would have taken me 20 minutes to figure that out. {By walking to the department and hopefully finding someone who would know.}... Professors assume their students have a certain level of technology... I am like a dinosaur walking on campus with my paper.
CRAZY! Makes me realize college students now-a-days NEED computers and palm pilots.. or whatever those phones were. (and think of how many trees they save!) For our enviornments sake I think I need to join the current century...
Whatcha think?

7 comments:

Ter said...

aw, your cartoon self is SO CUTE! ;)

I think joining the technical age may be just what you need. And it can help in so many different ways!!!!

In regards to your question, I think I was referring to the fact that I watched your video instead of getting ready to go out, or instead of doing housework or something lol. ;)

Sandi said...

Ter is right...cartoon swirl is just as cute as real swirl! I feel your technology pain, I'm way behind too- I love that you take your notebook and paper products...those college kids probably think you are all cool and vintage or something.

T said...

I'm a card carrying Tech NO... but I'm trying to learn as well... texting? yeah right.. Love the cartoon you!

Sarah said...

Awww... don't feel bad. I'm still in the paper age too and I don't even have the generation excuse!

Amanda said...

Al will never allow me to be completely out of touch with technology, but I'm a dinsaur, too. I like my cell to just make calls...no texting, no emails, no internet, just a phone call from time to time.

You know, when Hugh starts into high school & college he's going to be asking for a lap top for taking notes and if you had not had this experience you might have told him he's crazy :)

I don't know how environmental these gadgets are. They're very "disposable" meaning people dump them for a newest model all the time so our landfills are piling up with electronics made of lots of plastic that takes a LONG, LONG time to degrade.

Anjeny said...

Don't those kids make you feel like you were completely in another world? You should definitely get yourself one of those laptops.

BTW, where were you today? Did you know Hugh got a recognition today at the assembly today?

carmen said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Elaina

http://www.craigslistpostingtools.info

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy