Thursday, February 26, 2009

A video!

I had an assignment..to make a video introducing myself... so here it is.
{here}
It's not the best.. I had two hours to piece it together.. I just needed to have something posted for my assignment... but I am hoping I'll get more time to really work on it and make a nice video I can put on my website to introduce the idea of Book clubs for boys. I thought the boys in the clip were funny.... and of course all the interruptions... my son#3 running around behind the couch and throwing things a the boys, son two doing who know what to his hand?? .. the phone... the neighbor banging on the door to come in... it is impossible to get a quiet moment in our townhouse complex!
BIG THANKS TO CRASH- who let me shoot at her house and use 3 of her boys. (I thought her house would be more quiet, because it's not next to the basketball court! Ha!)

I took 2 hours worth of tape... because I kept getting these kind of distractions during my monologues... so.. who knew?
When you watch other videos.. it looks so easy.. press record and go!... not so.. it's just not so..

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm glad I could cure you of your B&B obsession! I will be doing your tag tomorrow. Stay tuned!

abby said...

Love it! I love H3 running around behind the couch.

abby said...

duh, that was from emily obviously (this one too)

Sandi said...

Oh how I love Mr. blue shirt in the middle with his mad eyebrow lifting skills! haha and Crash's son (I can tell cause he looks just like her) shushing the phone..too cute!
you did a great job!

T said...

still waiting for the video to load... but had to share:

I was being nosy on facebook today (isn't that what it's for?) and found a "petition to clone Laura Blum"... not you apparently...

which is good - if your husband's anything like mine he doesn't want another one of you...

okay - back to watching my S L O W internet load your video... I'm up to the stuffed dog sitting by the books... yes, at the very beginning...

T said...

stupid internet connection... really, I'm going to try again tomorrow - but I enjoyed the first 7 seconds! (but only because I know it turns out better than you wanting to give up!)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

I can't load it either. I want to see how my kids clean up. And my house. I really want to see how my house cleans up.

SWIRL said...

I tried to upload a revised version on You tube! more music and pictures... we'll see if it works.

April said...

Great job on the video in spite of all the "distractions". Looked like normal life to me! Loved the energy from the boys! They were great! I love that you speak with your hands too. We'd get along great!

SWIRL said...

April - that is really funny you mentioned I talk with my hands... I was a sign language interpreter off and on for about 10 years... so when I am nervous or am trying to make a point-- I do talk with my hands out of habit! Some of my other takes were worse! I was full on signing... at times... too funny. Some habits are hard to break!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy