Thursday, March 5, 2009

Book Plates

I've found a charming site- that shares bookplate images {here}.
Anne has bookplate images you can print off, she has the history behind bookplates.. and even book reviews. ( And NO she's not a librarian... you know my phobia.. her site gives off a very gentle and welcoming vibe. You can venture over there and not have any worries about being fined.)

Actually upon further investigation, to make sure she actually wasn't a librarian, I learned Anne is an AUTHOR - click here to her official site. I just quickly glanced through her titles and I am not familiar with any.. but I will have to get my hands on some of her books. I love AUTHORS- I think after trying to get a picture-book published my respect for this group of people grew. It is hard work and you have to have thick skin.

And on a side note- I don't hate librarians... they just scare me a little. (like the dentist). But my mom worked as a librarian in an elementary school for years.. .She was a nice one, with story times and always trying to pair up kids with books they might enjoy.

I wonder if my friend Sarah designs her own bookplates? She is an amazing teenage artist. You should go check out her site and her amazing art!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Say, that's a great idea! I might have to give it a try if my homework load subsides...

Ter said...

bwahahaha they don't call me scaryterri for nothing bwahahahahaa

(oh yes, I was a librarian, I'm out to getcha, my pretty!)







please don't hate me.

T said...

I'm a little afraid of losing all my bloggy friends now because I'm pretty sure that when I get the kids all in school full time I'm going back to school to become a librarian! I'd love to hang out and show kids good stuff to read... and somehow working at Barnes and Noble just isn't the same thing :)


If I promise NEVER to send anyone to collections for amounts under $100 will you still talk to me?

SWIRL said...

tee hee..
Ter too funny! I am sure there has to be a "scare" tactic or NO ONE would return books... right? I mean.. being accountable is important...

and T- I can't see you as a scary librarian...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy