Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FYI- We Can!


Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity & Nutrition
I am a contest junkie- I'll admit it.
I rarely win... and winning is fun
but I get my thrills in just participating and the anticipation
Scholastic and Subway kids have partnered up with this program to encourage kids to exercise and eat healthy. Prizes include $5,000 worth of sport equipment for your school and Subway cards and basket.
If you want more information you should click {HERE}
To participate you and your child pick one of the "Story Starters" below as a way to begin to describe how he or she eats healthy, stays active, or limits recreational screen time.

My family and I stay healthy by eating...

My family and I keep active by...

Instead of watching TV or playing video games, I like to...

I have tried to help others be healthy by...
If you attach a subway receipt- you can get a free book! (while supplies last)
I don't know about you- but we are on Spring Break- and this is a sneaky way I'm going to get my kids to do some homework.... (tee hee)
Party - on!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I heard about this last year, but unfortunately they won't allow homeschoolers to participate as they are not "organized" groups that can receive the money :(

Great for your kids if they are active in school sports, though!

Good luck!

Emily said...

Sounds great! Thanks!

T said...

very cool idea - our spring break is over, but I'm always looking for good things to do while we're sitting around at the ball park watching the boys play

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy