Friday, March 20, 2009

I wish I could organize all weekend!

Okay- I know... those of you who are my friends are skeptical... I've always been a clutter- everything out kind of housekeeper...

We have hockey all day tomorrow. (8am, 10 am , 1 pm, 5 pm- ) But my counter bar area- the major hot spot in my house that collects random junk--- is almost all cleared away! As I've been putting items in their "stations"- I've been able to find homes for those random items!

I'm a little hesitant to declare myself CURED... but I really have had a huge break-through!
The name of the book: Sorry I neglected to say in the previous post... is

Organizing from the Inside Out- for Teens by Julie Morgenstern and Jessi Morgenstern-Colon

Like I said- it is written for teens- but don't let that hang you up.. simplicity is always better in my mind that complex and confusing "systems".

If you would like an adult version- I am sure Julie has one- she's contributing editor to O Magazine, has been on the Today show and Good Morning America, etc.. etc.. she wrote this book with her daughter.

I love it too- because she stresses there is no "right way" it is whatever makes sense to YOU. (Your personal "stations")

As I organize- I will take before an after pictures... but tonight.... we just got home from practice and we have to leave by 6:45 tomorrow morning to make it to our games..
so
no time
tonight....
But I will
Promise!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you, Laura!!! Teach your mom how to do this so she can come home and we can tackle the "30 years and 8 people in a house" of clutter that we have :)

Ter said...

:)

I am going to spend some time today cleaning too! :) After I great off my lazy bum! :)

Emily said...

Come orgainize here!

We spent the day working on the basement.. I pick 10 VHS tapes to go to Goodwill, Nick puts 5 of them back on the shelf.. the dance goes on.

Now, how do you organize FOOD STORAGE?

susette said...

I'm coming over from Mormon Mommy Blogs, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends Sunday evening. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥♥

T said...

can I just fly you over here for a week? I know, probably cheaper to buy the book... and I REALLY need to be "cured" of my organizational clutter dysfunction (oh look, OCD again, great!)

{ L } said...

Hi there! I'm here with the blog party. I have 3 boys and I'm very excited to learn about your boy book club! My oldest is engrossed in the Boxcar Children right now and is loving it. <3

Shelly said...

Hi, nice to meet you! Your boys book club caught my eye. I have an almost 10 year old son who LOVES to read. Have a great party week!

www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I'm here from the blog party too. I have two boys but have a friend who has six boys. I consider myself organized but tend to have clutter in my house from homeschooling and everyday life. It's great you are tackling your clutter.

Bullfrogs & Butterflies Baby said...

Thanks for stopping by today...Yes, I finally got my princess after 3 princes, but I wouldn't change my little men for anything :) They are so fun (and exhausting!)...I am truly blessed!

BTW, your boys are adorable! Looks like you had yours close together as well...what a treat!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad I found your blog. I love it.

Be sure and Stop by my blog for a visit. Though I am relativity new to blogging, I am loving all my new friends. I am giving away my first EVER BLOG PRIZE.
I own a gift basket business and it is the most requested gift over the last 15 years. From the comments I have already received, appears to be something a little different and something anyone could use. I have been so touched by the comments that I have decided to give 2 boxes . They will be the $100 deluxe size. I really do want to bless people!!! I want my blog to encourage others. I have decided that giving is life at its BEST. The drawing will be Saturday!

Melody said...

Very cute blog, and I think it has just the right amount of cowbell. Love it!!!! Boys are special and yours are so cute! Party on!

Inquirer said...

This post is directly related to the UBP, but I have been lurking around for a while. I have two boys and love your book clubs.

Baba said...

Hi! You wanna be my house brownie? elf? I could really use the organization. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

Comfort Joy Designs said...

Hello! Poppin’ in from The Ultimate Blog Party…all the way from Queensland, Australia! G’Day! I hope you have time to visit my party soon.

I'm giving away Pink Champagne Shower Syrup from Jaqua Beauty...stop on over and enter! Ends April 8. Open to USA.

Ta!

I want to invite you to the Mommie Daze Virtual Baby Shower that I am hosting May 15 to June 8. This is an international even and there are prizes! Stop by my blog for all the details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy