Sunday, May 17, 2009

tribute to Oreo's

Our family and Oreo Cookies.

It's a strange- relationship/quirk- we have.


The only cookie my kids fight over.
WARNING: I have a LOVE /HATE Relationship with this cookie. Be prepared for a roller-coaster ride.


My boys LOVE oreos. It's one of those things--- I really don't' get. I mean, we have a family night- every Monday night and each week someone new gets to pick dessert.


EACH week we have Oreos (unless it is my turn to pick) ..
so you would think...
they wouldn't act like ravenous wolves while devouring a box of Oreos.


In fact they act like...
they never know when another box of oreos will be bought and they need to grab an get while they can.

It drives me crazy-

because my kids are not sugar deprived,

nor cookie deprived,

nor sugar cereal deprived...

I mean...

they have a healthy helping of junk on a regular basis...

so what is it?

Okay- I said this was going to be a tribute to oreo's and now I am bashing the cookie.
So let me start again. ... by what got me even thinking about this topic.....

HEY Everyone!

- Look at this cake/brownie pan I found on-line! {HERE}

Isn't it adorable?


I am thinking I need it.

I am thinking this would be the only cake pan I would ever need to own.

I am thinking this would bump me up on the "Coolest Mom in the World" - category... at the next potluck for hockey, work , school or neighborhood...


This cake/brownie could be like--- my signature dessert. It already kinda is....
Oreos..
it's just what we do.

Last year my mother bought our family this game- she found it at a garage sale. (love garage sales) and it has been soo fun to play. Oreo- matching game.


Then- of course... the boys named one of our guinea pigs "Oreo"...

I think- regardless if I love em
or hate em
I've got to embrace and accept the power they have in my life.
I mean--- you know as mom's how we are always looking for that one thing...
ONE THING... that really motivates our kids?
That will get them excited to start an unwanted task...
I've found mine.
The tempting chocolate cookie with a center of sweetness...
PS- fell in-love with a GREAT BOOK and lovable character, who also enjoys his Oreos... I'm writing a post about it... and even interviewing the author.. this book is really really good!
Can't wait to introduce you to this book--- soon. Write it up Right!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I've seen that cake pan and have been tempted to buy it too! It's so cute! Hey - can you e-mail me? lgwight@aol.com

Kristina P. said...

So, I literally just printed off the recipe for homemade Oreos. SOOOO good and easy!

T said...

I DO love that brownie pan... and I don't even eat Oreos...

my kids just eat the center part - so I stopped allowing them in the house :)

Melanie Anne said...

What a fun pan!! I think you do need it! Your boys are sure cute! It is fun to meet another all boy Mom! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Sarah said...

If you ever visit Australia you HAVE to try Tim Tams. Tim Tams are to Aussies what Oreos are to Americans. (Although, homemade choc-chip cookies are still infinitely superior to both)

Love the cake tin, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy