Wednesday, January 13, 2010

((hugs)) & HOPE

I wish I could {{hug}} all the mom's who have ever lost a child-- and some how that ... that, a simple {hug} could make it all better.


I cannot imagine.

My youngest was born 2 months early and I had to leave the hospital without him.


I remember how empty my arms felt.

I was blessed to be able to bring him home a few weeks later. He's now the rough and rowdy 4 year old I chase around.


A sweet sweet Sister in our community just lost her baby. I hate that phrase "lost".. but at the same time don't know another way to say it. Her baby boy got very sick with RSV and continued to get worse while visiting family on the mainland for Christmas.


Today is the funeral for their sweet baby boy Gavin.

I've been following their family's story on her blog:



They are an amazing family of faith.

I took a moment this morning to walk over to the beach.
I know they are busy and bustling with preparations, I just wanted to put his name in the sand.


A small tribute and token in his honor.


But really -- what can you say? what can you do?


It seems so trivial and small, anything I think of.



I heard a great quote yesterday. That inspires me to ACT even when I don't know the right words or actions that might help....



It goes something like....


"To the WORLD you might just be one person.

But to ONE PERSON you might mean the WORLD"

We never know when one small simple act of kindness...
means the world to someone struggling.
{{hugs}}

4 comments:

lilia said...

What a wonderful thing to do! Thank you soooo much for keeping me company at the funeral and keeping my children entertained. It really meant the world to me and I initially went to the funeral to support them but realized that I came away with so much more. I wouldn't have been able to get what I needed if you hadn't been there to help. Bless you.

SWIRL said...

I know what you mean! I went to "support" them yet I felt like they were comforting me!

and to tell you the truth- Ammon was helping me "hold it all together". Thankyou for letting me snuggle and hold him during the funeral. I felt like I was hogging him.. so I passed him to Emily who needed a little comfort from a sweet chubby baby. HE is so adorable!

Queen "B" said...

So sorry to hear that...love the sweet post of thoughfulness
super busy unpacking.....:)
hope to see you at the Luncheon next week
Brandi

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my goodness, are you serious??? I had no idea. I feel just sick about this. Poor Natalie and Richie. That is just awful. It makes me shudder because of how many times Wyatt and Garrett struggled with RSV and were both even rushed to the hospital a few times. You never think it could actually lead to their death.

Hey, I got your cards and letter. I can't tell you how much fun it was to get a snail mail letter. How weird, huh? And cards!! Wahoo! I love your cards. Thank you so much.

My dream is to write you back a real letter.

Hope it happens soon. :)

LY

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy