Saturday, January 2, 2010

I could have Stamped all night.....

My goal was to use scraps--- and just have fun. I pulled out my Stampin Up! Catalogs to get some inspiration. They have lots of examples of cards and projects: even though I don't own all the stamp sets-- I can still use elements from the cards pictured-- the layout/ or color combinations.


For this card I hid the punched out parts of this scrap with the main image of the card. ( sshhhhh- no one will know!)


I really liked the simplicity of this card- with the happy little flowers on the bottom. I used the same color scheme- but different stamp set.



This one I copied exactly- I DO OWN this set!



Then I got wild and crazy on my own!
The butterfly card: I only had a few scraps of turquoise, but I had ribbon to match.. it's a keeper.


I made a few variations of this card. One with dark purple card stock as the main card color. Another few with pink being the accent color. I really really liked this lay-out.



Then a bunch of cards- using the scraps- to punch out a window and stamp an image inside. Really adorable.
I made over 60 cards. ( in the last 2 days.)
Amazing- pathetic- ummm... I'm not sure what the right word is-- or if it is anything I really should be proud of....
But today- besides uploading the pictures--- I've been catching up on housework & laundry... and cleaned one bathroom, vacuumed the living room and took down all the Christmas decorations.
whew!

























3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your cards! you have quite a talent :)

I especially like "embrace life"

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh my goodness! My computer is about to die so I hope this comment makes it.

MISS YOU! LUB YOU! I lub seeing all your cards again. Kinda gives me a lump in the throat. I better go clear it.

Brandi said...

I miss card nights!!!
I wish timing and finances were different for me ,but your post does make me want to break out the stampin up stuff and PLAY..
Happy Sunday
Brandi

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy