Monday, January 11, 2010

Taking Flight

(This entry is for my goal of 52 books in 52 weeks.)
I was sooooooo excited when my book arrived last week! Kelly Rae Roberts is an artist I found on etsy- selling her original work. I love her pieces- but never bought anything. I was more of a stalker.

Then one day- I went to visit- and she had MOVED!
Her new site: http://kellyraeroberts.com/ is her new home to showcase her work.
And there I found she had published a book!



Taking Flight: Inspiration and Techniques to give your Creative Spirit Wings.
I ordered it right away from Amazon and have been waiting curb side at the mailbox waiting for it to come!

I soooo wanted to see her methods! How she found her "artistic identity".
I am an arts and crafts type person...
but I don't feel like I've found my "artistic identity" yet.
I play.
I dabble here and there with drawing and such..
but I don't have a "style" that is "ME".
I might be like Grandma Moses and find my artistic identity in my 80's.
And that is fine.
I am content with that.
A time and season for everything.
I don't have to "know" everything about myself right NOW.
In fact- I like that there is more to me to know... and every year I learn more about myself.

If you like her work- You will LOVE her book! It is very clever and insightful. In addition to sharing secrets about how she creates her art... she has other contributing artist who inspire projects to do along with her.

A very fun book. I can't wait to use some of her techniques and create something of my own. Maybe... I'll even post them here... we'll see... I am not so daring as Sarah.

So if you haven't picked up a book in weeks, months, years... why not?
Why not today?
and if you absolutely do not have time today....

at least take a moment to think about a book you would be interested in reading.. and order it!
Be it from the library or store...
Then when it arrives...
You'll have a happy gift to yourself and a reason to curl up in a cozy spot and take a well needed break!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh, look at you all poetic and stuff. I loved these last few posts. SO true about the identity.

I should take on that challenge. I finished a book last week. Open. The Andre Agassi autobiography. I'm going to start reading those Percy Jackson books. My twins can't stop reading them so YAY! I hear you're doing them in book club.

I thought of you today because I met the old boat guy. Remember how we used to want him to be our grandpa. Well he was delightful. Far better than I thought.

Miss you!

Our Westmoreland School said...

I look forward to seeing what you do with this! I am all thumbs and books like this tend to depress me, but I can't wait to see everything you have gotten out of it.

Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy