Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My YELLOW Meal

I do this all the time...
and wish I didn't.

When I plan a meal--- I never think about what color the food is. I mostly think.. what will taste good with ... what?

This was a casserole of chicken lasagna, homemade rolls (note the subtle hint of pride as I mention Homemade... ) and then a can or corn.. warmed in the microwave to be our token vegetable for dinner.

How un appetizing can I possible present this?
On a yellow plate?

I didn't notice it until I finally sat down to eat with the family.
One of the kids says, "oh no.. not the yellow meal..."

YUP.
Everything tasted yummy enough--
we just had to rely on our children's colorful language to give us variety that night.

Oh - we started a cute tradition last week.
I bought a few bags of valentine chocolates shaped in hearts.. and put them in a large container. On it .. it says...
"Have I done any good in the World today?"
and
"Have I helped anyone in need?"
Then we go around the table and answer those two questions..
and they can pick a heart out.
It's amazing how chocolate can inspire goodwill & service.

off to hockey...

3 comments:

Queen "B" said...

Hey that was really cute it gave me a laugh out loud!1 I needed that today, you are awesome, you go girl

Judy said...

We sometimes laugh about monotone meals here, too! That's a great idea with the chocolate!

Carl said...

Our good friend Karen Yingling at Ms. Yingling Reads has been gracious enough to give us The Fabulous Sugar Doll Award with the proviso that we pay it forward and award it to 10 other bloggers, which we are happy to do. If you want to accept this award, go to her post of February 4 at http://msyinglingreads.blogspot.com/ and see what you need to do.
In addition, however, we’ve created an award of our own. Like the 9-14 year-old boys we write for, we at the Boys Rule! Boys Read! blog are completely MANLY MEN and felt compelled to give an award that counterbalances that extremely pink award (not to mention we want to award bloggers who recommend good books for the boys). Therefore we’ve created the Manly Sweaty Doll Blogger Award and want to pass it along to you. If you’d like to accept, check out the terms of agreement on today’s post at
http://jaja-cas.blogspot.com
On behalf of all MANLY MEN everywhere, we thank you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy