Thursday, March 4, 2010

Art-n-Sewl Art challenge

Here is this weeks submission for the art challenge over at Art-n-Sewl. It is fun to have a reason and excuse to pick up a paint brush and create.
Once again-- inspired by the ocean...
perhaps it was "tsunami on the brain". That was a very interesting day- helping students move to higher ground and trying to prepare for whatever was going to come.... big waves, washed out roads... power outages, or... nothing. (as it turns out.)
One student on campus was wearing a shirt that said, "Tsunamis Tsuck". I think that is so funny- he has a Tsunami T-shirt.
When I was transferring my picture to the computer I started playing with different settings.
I really like the way this translated. I think I like this copy better than the original... just higher contrast? I dunno.
Can't wait to see what everyone else did this week. YOu should check out her site- and be inspired!
On Book club updates:
We are currently reading Diary of a Wimpy kid-- so we can go see it in the theaters this month. Our book club actually read How to Train Your Dragon a few years ago-- and they really liked the book and book club. I asked if they wanted to see the movie and surprisingly- they don't! (The movie is very different.)
So- there you go!
My third son- who is reading Me and My Robot- are anxious for book club again. (we just had it last week!) I'm holding them off- because I am looking for the next book to do. My son requested we read a dog book... because he has a project (painting bobble head dogs) in mind. So I am trying to find an easy reader book about a dog.
I guess that is all. Hope everyone has a great weekend! We most likely will be at hockey!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You did a great job! It's lovely.

Amanda said...

Nice painting, you're very talented in so many areas!

I tried to get Connor to read Diary of a Wimpy Kid and he wasn't at all interested. I think the whole being bullied in the first few pages was not an appealing concept for him. He just finished How to Train Your Dragon and really liked it, he read it in a couple of days. It's taking me longer to read it, but I'm getting there :)

Martina Voigt-Schmid said...

Hi! Your painting is great - and so is your blog theme ;) I'm living with 3 boys (if you count my hubby) and know what you're in for!

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

The painting is wonderful!! Just great. I really like how you can see the movement. It also makes me want to come back to Hawaii ;-) Good job girl!

T said...

great job - and I'm going to be laughing about the Tsunamis Tsuck shirt for days to come :)

Queen "B" said...

Aloha my friend!
so glad I stopped in for a visit, does the talent ever cease!!
you are just amazing...but we know this:))
come by my blog and visit
xxoo
Brandi

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy