Wednesday, April 7, 2010

so little time....

Yesterday was my last day of work-- until Fall term.
I'm not heartbroken.
I didn't want to work this Summer- we have family plans to visit the East coast.
But now... what worthy cause to apply my extra energy and effort into??
so many choices....
so little time!

I just learned that some people don't dream... I was talking to one the other day.

I thought-- WHAT?
What do you want to do?
What is your passion? Your hobbies? What would you like to try your hand at?

She doesn't know.

I am a BIG DREAMER.
HUGE dreamer...

I always have a Dream or Scheme I am spinning in my head.
ALWAYS
go ahead...
test me
if you live near me- I dare you to stop me at the store, at the park, at church-- and just ask me, "so what are you planning now? dreaming now?"
I will have an ear full to tell you

Remember when I said I was livin the dream?
I am !

But how would I have KNOWN that
if I hadn't allowed myself to day dream about it those many years ago?

My sister-in-law sent me a link to an ADORABLE article.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/fashion/21GenB.html?pagewanted=1&adxnnlx=1269176798-cVDfjcNuwOUYD/JxzSU4iw

If you ever thought about reading to your kids... READ THIS ARTICLE
Truly inspiring!

I've started reading to my two middle sons- in the morning.
I've done it in the past... it really make a world of difference in getting them up and ready for school.
I crawl into their bed (right now they share a king size bed--long story-- we're renting to two students to we moved twin beds into our 'guest' room for the college guys and moved the king into the boys room... all to pay for our San Jose hockey tournament last January.)
Anyway
I crawl into their bed with a book and wake them up-
They roll over so they can see the pictures... one morning one of them even snorted/laughed. (Weird School by Dan Gutman is a great series!)
After 15-20 min , I stop and STEAM ROLLER over them - on my way out of bed... (that gets a few giggles and groans..) and
they are magically up and
pulling on clean clothes to get to school!

So much better than- coming in 15 times
and yelling at them.
(not that I ever did that-- I'm just saying...)

Okay- off to hockey.

5 comments:

Christi said...

I hear ya. I have some ginormous (to use my kids' word) dreams for myself. But sometimes it gets exhausting, don't you think? Sometimes do you get discouraged when you realize that there is no way on earth that you can ever accomplish what you dream? I do.

Kristina P. said...

Sonds like it will be a great summer this year.

Ed Tamulevich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Oops, that deleted comment was mine. I have lots of schemes, too. That must be dad's side of the family. Actually, mom's too. We are cursed!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Amen to all the dreaming! My head is always in the clouds. Too much sometimes. Because I know you, I know that's true. I miss those days when we used to drive and dream. Or when you'd just come over and we'd spin some schemes.

I wrote all about Peter Pani Popo in my comment box. Oh girl, that blew me away. I've been missing Laie since I saw that. Thanks a lot!

YAY! you're reading weird school to your boys. How cool. I love the morning idea. I need to try that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy