Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Attempt

Okay... remember this gal?
Re-making 365 dresses in 365 days for only $365 dollars?
I went to one of our thrift shops on the island and picked up a little ditty-- to re-style.. to wear on my weekly "BYU Devotional" date with my husband. {wont he be surprised?}

But I was hard pressed to find a dress for a dollar.
And it made me a little skeptical...
Then I was reading her post here:
www.newdressaday.wordpress.com/2010/08/23/day-267-98-day-and-99-left-to-go

There is a GoodWill in New York that sells items by the POUND! How amazing is that! She just piles on a bunch of clothes at check out and the lady has one of those huge fruit basket scales... and that is how much she pays...$1.69/lbs.

Amazing...
tomorrow I'll have photographic evidence of my weekly devotional date with my husband... as well as... my ability to re-style a frock and wear it in public.
tee hee...
I am excited!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohhhh I'm excited to see the pictures! I went to the dress girl's website...fascinating!

I also found a 5 minute chocolate cake recipe that is made in a mug in the microwave....gotta try that!

Kristina P. said...

That is adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy