Saturday, May 14, 2011

I'm BACK



Sorry from the long break away...



not good blogging form... Just life... got crazy- nothing bad



just "busy mom"...






I have to say, I was enchanted with all the media and hype about the "Royal Wedding". I thought Kate looked beautiful and really handled all the pomp and parade wonderfully.






I was watching the 20/20 special last night about the blogger behind the NieNie blog... and "woah".. I was truly humbled. I got on my knees and prayed. Prayed for them, their family- and then prayed for me and my family....



What follies and vices do I hold important--- that really aren't that important? She is reconstructing not only her body after being burned 80%. ... but her marriage and family. That takes a strong spirit.






I logged on to comment: on her blog- to offer just support and encouragement...



when a news window popped up.. and talked about



How inspiring Kate is for waiting until she was almost 30 to get married.









I had to comment! here is my comment below...


I married at 24. My best (girl)friends thought- I was too young... throwing my best years away. Missing the opportunity to travel, develop a career, etc... etc... etc... But now, 15 years later, these best friends are STILL single, and desperate. They feel like , 'all the good ones are gone'. They regret. They had opportunities- but let them pass by.

I feel so blessed- to have found a companion- who was willing to make that commitment to marriage, while we were young. We are growing old together.... as the wrinkles appear, and the gray hair start to come in... we just laugh and look forward to turning old and gray together.

We didn't wait to have kids either. Pregnant , 3 months into the marriage. (Very traditional and old fashion, we knew each other for 5 years- but saved sex for marriage.) I have four children- and I am grateful EVERY DAY I started in my twenties... being pregnant in my thirties... was harder on my body... and I can tell... my energy level ... is less.. as I reach forty. (Don't get me wrong- I eat right and run 3-5 miles, 3 times a week. I'm no couch potato) But I can tell... my body... I'm getting older, not younger.


I don't mean to stand on a soap box- I just want to share my story in contrast.


Now that my youngest is starting Kindergarten... i have plenty of time to work on that career... i've put on the shelf.

In fact: I feel more confident, more accomplished.
After serving President of (PTA) type organizations and other non-profit organizations, being active in my community for 15 years,coaching soccer/ & basketball and being a hockey team mom. I feel prepared to enter the work-force as a useful member of society. With lots of skills, that I didn't have in my twenties. (Another good choice- was finishing my education, in my twenties... )


Motherhood and marriage is the BEST adventure in life! And if you find the right guy- JUMP in with both feet and hold on to each other---- it will be a bumpy ride! Guaranteed. But ... amazing and so worth it!



It's good to be back...
Swirl




1 comment:

TisforTonya said...

awesome comment - the world is a big wide place with a variety of people... I wouldn't have married well if I'd chosen at 19... but by 21 I had discovered a lot more about myself, and found the right guy. Way to be well spoken and outspoken :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy