Thursday, February 18, 2010

Art

 
Years ago- I gave up doing art.. because I expected everything I did... be frame worthy. I want a frame-able product when I was done.. and I lost the joy in just playing and experimenting and creating.
So I try to play with art and just play. I also try to encourage my kids to play with art.
The concentration...

 


son two is was inspired by our surroundings-- this is the scene as we drive to hockey every day. And it was funny-- at the time.. I thought, "why is the WHITE on the bottom?" When I think of clouds-- they are in the blue-- or above the blue....

But this weekend- we were driving and I said, "SON! There's your painting!" The clouds were low above the mountains with BRIGHT blue sky above.




My oldest son is inspired by hockey....


while my youngest is inspired by.... ketchup?
Just kidding.
It was a fun painting session as we all played with paint and color.

This is my second painting-- trying to capture the rolling hills as we drive home from hockey through the pineapple fields.

6 comments:

TisforTonya said...

art should be fun - but whether or not you're having fun you are an artist!

Anjeny said...

Hey, these are beautiful!! You should submit link your art work up this Thursday with Emily@Art and Sewl. She's doing something similar to that movie Julie/Julia..check it out.

Emily said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THE SANDNAMES ONE. SEND IT TO ME NOW. PLEEEZZZE. Love, your bratty big sister!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I love how you've done the water effects.

Emily Anne Leyland said...

LOVE IT!!! Yay!!I am glad you are going to do this with us!! Good job mama getting your kids involved too. You are an awesome mom!

Deedra said...

Lovely! And I love that you do your art for you without any expectations! I would really like to adopt that philosophy!

And I love that book, too! So pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy