Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas EVE!

What a fun day. I love Christmas Eve! Tonight is the last night of "magic"... ya know? I mean tomorrow gifts have been given and all the anticipation is over.

I don't want to rub it in- but it's a beautiful day here and it kills me that my kids are inside. So I made a list of things we need done in our house and sent the boys on a Service Scavenger Hunt. (They divided themselves into teams and headed out the door. ) I told them to knock on doors and go do some service! (secretly hoping they would do a few chores around our house too.) After an hour and a half- they came back for the prize.

Service Scavenger Hunt

Please have people sign by the service act for points to count
5 points: (2-5 min worth of work)
Read a book to a small child (3 or 5 year old)
Sort a fold a bunch of socks
Pull weeds
Re-stack books on a bookshelf nicely
Vacuum a floor
Sweep
_____________________________________
____________________________________
_____________________________________

10 points: (10-15 min worth of work)
Mop a floor
Wash a car
Walk a dog
Fold a basket of laundry
Wash dishes
_____________________________________-
______________________________________
_____________________________________
______________________________________
15 points: (15-20 min worth of work)
Mow a lawn
Clean and pick up a room
Wash windows for someone
Clean a bathroom
_______________________________________
______________________________________
____________________________________
____________________________________









A plate of chocolate chip cookies. I'm making cookies for tonight anyway.
It was fun- seeing them run around the neighborhood and then see the signatures on their point sheets. Merry Christmas neighbors!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I want to live in your neighborhood!!! What a great idea. Merry Christmas, we love you and miss you guys so much!

Emily said...

Love this idea! I have a small child who would love to have a book read to him (and I have a basket of laundry that would love to be folded)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

That was the best idea ever! You are such a gem. Thank you so much. My boys had such a great time.

Martha said...

They did a great job on our car and actually had a fun time. Good idea and thanks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy