Sunday, October 19, 2008

Baby Books





I love giving books for baby gifts. This tradition was inspired by two great women. My grandmother who sent The Little Engine That Could story book along with a toy train set and the mother of my best friends in High School (twins) Irene and Eleanor. She sent books as gifts with the birth of each of my sons. I thought they were such thoughtful gifts.

Mrs. Pfefferman wrote a lovely card encouraging me to read to my children and she hoped her gift would help us start our own family library. (She raised four girls all from a wheel chair- the last two who were TWINS! A truly amazing woman!)

I guess what really touched me was her vision. Especially as a new mother, keeping up with diapers and sleep were my main priorities not browsing book stores for good baby books.


Books are a great baby gift. You don't have to worry about sizes and seasons- or even gender! Find a selection you like- and stock up. You'll always be ready for a baby shower. Baby books are always a thoughtful gift they will enjoy years to come.

Laura

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy