Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pani Po Po

What the ho ho?
Pani Po Po is a slightly sweet type bread... I think it is a Samoan -I'm not 100% sure. (I'll find out for you.) But it is yummy- especially if you don't like super sweet. People have given us Pani Po Po for breakfast , I've had it at dinner pot-lucks too so I'm not sure what it falls under. (A breakfast or dinner/dessert type dish.)

This is something else you can make with that basic bread recipe I've already shared. It's one of those things- you just can't get enough of!


Just as review: The Basic Bread Recipe
2 cups warm water + 2 TBl. yeast + 1/2 cup sugar
Then add 2 1/2 tsp salt + 3 cups flour and mix well.
Then add 1 egg +1/4 cup oil + 3 more cups flour
Knead and let dough rise for 1/2 hour

Here's the Pani Po Po part
You need ...
1 can coconut milk
3 1/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
5 T corn starch
cook over medium heat until thick
cool and pour into (2) 9X13 pans
Reserve some coconut pudding to brush over hot rolls.

Take egg size balls of dough and place them on top of the pudding. Let rise 30 min.
Bake 375 for 20 min or until rolls are brown.
Brush the coconut pudding over.

It's super yummy.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Hey Laura, so today I saw something that you would like at Kohls.com and I had to get it for you. It will be an early Christmas present. Now you have something to be excited about all week and hopefully it will be here by Monday.

Oh yeah, and check out those shirts because Alan has 5 XXL tall shirts that don't fit him.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

I'm in love/envy